Contact/Person Responsible *
Agreement entered into by and between Friends of Chinook School (hereinafter referred to as FOCS) and the person named here.
Mailing Address * City * State * Zip * Phone: Home Phone: Cell * Phone: Work Email Address * Purpose of Event * Estimated Number of Guests * Pricing *
I understand that, upon receipt of this agreement, the FOCS scheduler will confirm date availability and my event will be tentatively scheduled. A copy of the signature page of the agreement will be returned to me, signed by a FOCS board member. I will also be provided a costs agreement. Return that agreement with payment at the prescribed intervals to confirm your event.
Authority (copy) *
I am legally able to enter into this agreement and have read and understand this Rental Agreement and the Terms & Conditions for The Friends of Chinook School campus.
1. Priorities of use and scheduling will be determined by FOCS
2. FOCS reserves the right to refuse usage or terminate usage to any person, group or activity that does not represent the best interests of the community or whose presence, activity or use may be considered offensive. This includes past abuse or misuse of the facility.
3. Renter must be in “good standing” with the FOCS and must be 21 years of age or older. Renter/Contact Person must be present during the event.
4. The building shall not be used for any purpose(s) other than those specified in this agreement.
5. My application is not approved until FOCS has received my deposit fee and returned a signed agreement to me.
I agree to parking only in designated areas and to load or unload equipment at the front or back door only.
I ensure smoking will not take place inside the buildings or outside within 25 feet of any exterior door.
Food Sales *
I agree, if food is to be sold on the premises, to obtain a permit from Pacific County prior to the function, and a copy of this permit will be provided to the FOCS prior to my function.
Alcoholic Beverages *
I understand the use of alcoholic beverages on the Chinook School campus must be in accordance with state law and local regulations. I will provide the appropriate permit or certificate provided prior to the function. I will have a plan to control alcohol distribution for the safety and well being of those attending. Serving alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age of 21 is illegal and prohibited.
I understand and agree to the following:
1. Renter must follow direction of law enforcement up to and including shutting down a party. If law enforcement requests tenant to vacate and end the function, the Renter and guests must vacate the premises. There will be no refund of rental fees should this occur.
2. Renter shall make a preliminary inspection of the facility before use and report any damage or needed repairs immediately to FOCS.
3. Only one primary Rental Party will be permitted to use the facility at a time.
4. Rental areas: Event Center includes the main room, restrooms and kitchen. Community Building includes the room(s) rented, restrooms, common hallway. All other areas are restricted unless specifically approved by FOCS in writing. For Event Package, the building must be cleaned, vacated and secured no later than 1:00 PM of the day immediately following the event. For hourly rental, the building must be cleaned and vacated within the hours rented and no later than 11:00 PM.
5. The maximum capacity for the Event Center is 299 people. Community Building classrooms are rated for 35 people each. Renter should familiarize themselves and their guests with the location of the fire exits, alarms, and extinguishers.
6. There are chairs and banquet tables available for use at no charge These must be cleaned and returned to storage. Renter’s equipment and supplies for the event may only be in the building during the designated rental period.
7. The building (including restrooms) must be returned to its original condition - clean and free of damage.
8. DO NOT nail, staple, or tape anything to the existing walls or woodwork. THOROUGHLY clean all appliances used during rental - including all tables and chairs. Remember, Renter is responsible for any supplemental cleaning/damage beyond the cleaning/deposit required.
9. DO NOT mop the floors, just sweep them clean.
A building inspection will occur within eight (8) hours of the rental. Costs incurred by FOCS for additional cleaning or repair will be deducted from the building damage/cleaning deposit and balance billed tenant if cleaning/damage exceeds the deposit amount. 10. I will have, on-site and close to me during the event, the following information: In case of an emergency call 911. In case of FIRE, evacuate the premises immediately and call 911. The location of the Chinook School is 810 SR 101, Chinook, WA 98614.
Noise Levels *
I agree to the following: Noise levels shall be such that they not be offensive to adjoining/nearby residents. Renter is required to vacate building by 11:00 PM. Renter is advised to be aware of noise levels at all times, especially if their attendees choose to sit outside the building. When the noise level exceeds regulations, the Renter may be issued a citation by the police. If this occurs, the security deposit may not be returned.
Changes to Agreement *
I understand that under no circumstances can this agreement be verbally modified. If a change in this agreement is necessary, both parties must sign a new agreement before said event can take place on the school campus.
Terms & Conditions *
I have read and understand this Rental Agreement and the Terms & Conditions for rental as outlined on https://chinookeventcenter.com/historic-chinook-school-community-building/.
Liability Insurance *
I understand that all private functions shall require a copy of homeowner’s declaration page indicating $1,000,000 personal liabilities coverage in the name of the individual signing the agreement and must name FOCS and POC as additional insured for the event. A non-insured tenant will be required to purchase a separate $1,000,000 liability event policy in the name of the individual signing the agreement and must name FOCS and POC as additional insured for the event. I will provide proof of insurance at least 30 days prior to my event.
I agree that I shall indemnify and hold harmless Friends of Chinook School (FOCS) and Port of Chinook (POC) from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from my use or occupation of the premises. I agree that it is my obligation to indemnify and hold harmless the FOCS and POC shall include any and all claims for personal injury, wrongful death and property damage and shall include, to the extent permitted by law, claims, causes of action, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising whole or in part, from the negligence of FOCS and POC. I agree that in the event that any action is commenced against FOCS because of such claim I agree to defend the FOCS and POC in such action by counsel reasonably satisfactory to the FOCS and POC at my sole expense. I will also be responsible for payment of all costs of maintenance, agency service calls, cleaning and repair work to the building, its immediate property and land arising out of my use and occupancy pursuant to this agreement.
Preparing to Leave *
It is my responsibility to return the facility to the condition in which it was found. I agree to the following checklists and will report any damage to FOCS immediately at 360-244-FOCS. Checklists: General: O Men’s & women’s bathrooms clean and doors closed O Floors swept (do not mop) O Trash taken off site (including bathroom trash) or make arrangements for garbage pickup through Peninsula Sanitation. O Remove personal items O Tables/chairs cleaned & stored O Windows closed | Kitchen Checklist: O All trash removed O Floors swept (do not mop) O All appliances cleaned O Countertops cleaned O Dishes/utensils cleaned and stored O Sinks cleaned O Ovens and stove top turned off
Rules & Regulations *
I verify that I have read, fully understand, and agree to abide by all rules and regulations, thus making myself responsible for said event. NOTE: If you do not understand any portion of this agreement, FOCS encourages you to obtain counsel at your expense in order to clarify/explain this agreement.
1. Tenant’s payment must be made with cash, check or money order (no second party checks will be accepted).
2. A deposit must be paid at the time of booking in order to reserve the date. The balance due must be received 90 days prior to the event.
3. If cancellation is received inside 90 days of scheduled event, the deposit will not be returned.
4. The cleaning/damage deposit shall be refunded subject to satisfactory damage/cleaning inspection by FOCS. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in Renter losing all or part of the damage/cleaning deposit.
Cleaning / Damage Deposit *
I will mail to or drop off a check for the cleaning/damage deposit of $400.00. I agree to pay damage or cleaning costs over $400.00 should they occur. My deposit will be refunded upon a satisfactory inspection by FOCS staff the day following my event.
Deposit required: $400.00
Due date, (30 days prior):
I am responsible for all costs to repair damage caused during my use of the facility. The monetary amount will be determined by FOCS.