Historic Chinook School Gym
Varieties of special occasions and functions
The beautifully restored gymnasium has been used for family gatherings, weddings, fundraisers, dances, sports play, performances and more.
ADA access is via a ramp on the north side of the building.
Restrooms are qualified as ADA-accessible.
The BEST Amenities
- Large rectangular and/or round folding tables; linens not included.
- Nice folding chairs
- Full size gym with basketball nets
- Large theatrical stage
- Large dressing room with 2 private bathrooms behind the stage
- Professional sound system.
- Sports field behind the gym for soccer, baseball, and other sporting events
- Large screen TV for presentations
- Wi-Fi network available
- Non-commercially licensed kitchen is equipped with major appliances, cooking utensils, and pans. Dishes, flatware, and glassware are not included.
- On-site parking
- Two restrooms
All items are by arrangement, so be sure to talk to your Event Coordinator for your meeting or event needs.
The following rates and hours have been established with your needs in mind.
The Event Center is rented on the basis of $60/hour with a 6-hour minimum. Each additional hour is charged at the rate of $60.00.
FLAT FEE DAILY RENTAL WITH NEXT DAY BONUS:
The Event Center can be rented from 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM for a fee of $720.00.
The fee also includes a cleanup bonus of 4 hours the following morning between the hours of 9:00 to 1:00.
PRIOR DAY SETUP:
If the rental party needs additional preparation and setup time (not event activities) prior to their event day, they may rent the Event Center for a period of up to eight hours for $300.00.
RENTALS UNDER SIX HOURS:
Please talk to the scheduler.
The scheduler will talk to you about required deposits, permits, and insurance.
Business conference rates are available on request.
Prices are current as of November 2021.
Thank you for your interest in renting the Chinook School Event Center as the venue for your event. We look forward to helping you make your event a pleasant experience.
If you decide to book the Chinook School Event Center, you’ll need to fill out our rental agreement, which includes your consent to our Terms & Conditions of rental. You may use our print application or our online form.
Once we receive your deposit, a board officer will sign the agreement and the signature page will be sent back to you. If you use our online form, please print before clicking to submit.
Terms & Conditions of Rental
The fee charged to the Renter is for the use and occupancy of the building and all of the covenants and conditions set forth in this agreement.
Tenant agrees that it shall indemnify and hold harmless Friends of Chinook School (FOCS) and Port of Chinook (POC) from any and all claims, causes of action, demands, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from Tenant”s use or occupation of the premises. Tenant agrees that its obligation to indemnify and hold harmless the FOCS and POC shall include any and all claims for personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage and shall include, to the extent permitted by law, claims, causes of action, judgments, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising wholly or in part, from the negligence of FOCS and POC. Tenant agrees that in the event that any action is commenced against FOCS because of such claim Tenant agrees to defend the FOCS and POC in such action by counsel reasonably satisfactory to the FOCS and POC at Tenant’s sole expense. Tenant will also be responsible for payment of all costs of maintenance, agency service calls, cleaning, and repair work to the building, its immediate property, and land arising out of Tenant’s use and occupancy pursuant to this agreement.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
FOCS hopes that your activity will be enjoyable and that you will find the facility satisfactory to your needs. However, we do ask that you and your guests be aware of our rules and regulations. Your signature on this agreement verifies that you have read, fully understand, and agree to abide by the following rules and regulations, thus holding you responsible for said event. If you do not understand any portion of this agreement, FOCS encourages you to obtain counsel at your expense in order to clarify/explain this agreement.
- Priorities of use and schedule will be determined by FOCS.
- FOCS reserves the right to refuse usage or terminate usage to any person, group or activity that does not represent the best interests of the community or whose presence, activity, or use may be considered offensive. This includes past abuse or misuse of the facility.
- Renter must be in “good standing” with the FOCS and must be 21 years of age or older. Renter must be present during the event.
- The building shall not be used for any purpose(s) other than those specified in this agreement.
- Please do not consider your application approved until FOCS has received the deposit fee.
All private functions shall require a copy of the homeowner’s declaration page indicating $1,000,000 personal liabilities coverage in the name of the individual signing the agreement and must name FOCS and POC as additional insured for the event. A non-insured tenant will be required to purchase a separate $1,000,000 liability event policy in the name of the individual signing the agreement and must name FOCS and POC as additional insured for the event.
- Tenant’s payment must be made with cash, check, or money order (no second party checks will be accepted).
- A deposit must be paid at the time of booking in order to reserve the date. The balance due must be received 90 days prior to the event.
- If cancellation is received within 90 days of the scheduled event, the deposit will not be returned.
- The cleaning/damage deposit shall be refunded subject to satisfactory damage/cleaning inspection by FOCS. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations may result in Renter losing all or part of the damage/cleaning deposit.
Park only in designated areas. Load or unload equipment at the front or back door only.
SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE EVENT CENTER OR OUTSIDE WITHIN 25 FEET OF ANY EXTERIOR DOOR.
The use of alcoholic beverages in the Event Center must be in accordance with state law and local regulations. A permit or certificate must be provided prior to the function. Renter will have a plan to control alcohol distribution for the safety and well-being of those attending. Serving alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age of 21 is illegal and prohibited.
If food is to be sold on the premises, a permit must be obtained from the county prior to the function.
RENTAL USAGE & SAFETY:
- Renter must follow the direction of law enforcement up to and including shutting down a party. If law enforcement requests the tenant to vacate and end the function, the Renter and guests must vacate the premises. There will be no refund of rental fees should this occur.
- Renter shall make a preliminary inspection of the facility before use and report any damage or needed repairs immediately to FOCS.
- Only one primary Rental Party will be permitted to use the facility at a time.
- Rental areas include the main room, restrooms, and kitchen. All other areas are restricted unless specifically approved by FOCS in writing. For the Event Package, the building must be cleaned, vacated, and secured no later than 1:00 PM of the day immediately following the event. For hourly rental, the building must be cleaned and vacated within the hours rented and no later than 11:00 PM.
- The maximum capacity for the building is 299 people. Renter should familiarize themselves and their guests with the location of the fire exits, alarms, and extinguishers.
- There are chairs and banquet tables available for use at no charge These must be cleaned and returned to storage. Renter’s equipment and supplies for the event may only be in the building during the designated rental period.
- The building (including restrooms) must be returned to its original condition – clean and free of damage.
- DO NOT nail, staple, or tape anything to the existing walls or woodwork. THOROUGHLY clean all appliances used during rental – including all tables and chairs. Remember, Renter is responsible for any supplemental cleaning/damage beyond the $400.00 cleaning/deposit required.
- DO NOT mop the floors, just sweep them clean.
- IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE RENTER TO RETURN THE FACILITY TO THE CONDITION IN WHICH IT WAS FOUND. PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING CHECKLISTS AND REPORT ANY DAMAGE TO FOCS (360-244-FOCS). Tenant will follow the checklist below when vacating the facility after the event:
- Men’s & women’s bathrooms clean and doors closed
- All trash removed
- Floors swept (do not mop)
- All appliances cleaned
- Countertops cleaned
- Dishes/utensils cleaned and stored
- Sinks cleaned
- Ovens and stovetop turned off
- Floors swept (do not mop)
- Trash is taken off-site (including bathroom trash) or make arrangements for garbage pickup through Peninsula Sanitation.
- Remove personal items
- Tables/chairs cleaned & stored
- Windows closed
A building inspection will occur within eight (8) hours of the end of the rental.
Costs incurred by FOCS for additional cleaning or repair will be deducted from the building damage/cleaning deposit and the balance will be billed tenant if cleaning/damage exceeds $400.00.
The renter is responsible for all costs to repair damage caused by their use. The monetary amount will be determined by FOCS.
Noise levels shall be such that they are not offensive to adjoining/nearby residents. Renter is required to vacate the building by 11:00 PM. Renter is advised to be aware of noise levels at all times, especially if their attendees choose to sit outside the building. When the noise level exceeds regulations, the Renter may be issued a citation by the police. If this occurs, the security deposit may not be returned.
In case of an emergency call 911.
The location of the gymnasium: 810 SR 101, Chinook, WA 98614.
In case of FIRE, evacuate the premises immediately and call 911.